Monday, January 11, 2010

Tuesday. Day 10. Leaving Greece

Tuesday. Eat. Pack. Leave.

Well, just because I've written about every day of the trip, I'll include this last day. Unfortunately, we don't have any photos! We didn't take many, but then Elena lost most of hers when her hard drive died. She had taken a few from the airplane as we took off and were leaving Greek airspace.

It was a travel day, so all we did was finish packing, eat a little breakfast, then drive to the airport. The rest of the day was spent in planes and airports!

I'm going to post some more of my favorite pictures later, including the stairs at the Mariana in Nauplion. Also the video of Sotirios telling the story of "stand up."

In spite of the sad ending, this trip far exceeded any expectations I had for it. I didn't get all the honey I hoped to bring back. That's probably good, because it actually takes awhile to finish off a jar of honey. We still have one jar we haven't opened.

I have much more to say about the trip, and plan to tell you about Betty's funeral, and then maybe I'll just keep writing...til who knows when. In any case, this brings us to the end of this part of Honey Lights!
γνῶθι σαὐτόν
Know Thyself!

No comments: